Working in the same way as the sun, radiant heat warms all solid objects and surfaces in its path through infrared waves. Being mounted overhead, AmbiRad radiant heaters produce infrared heat that is directed downwards to low level by a reflector.
Infrared energy passes inertly through the air, dissipating as heat upon contact with people and surfaces thus creating a comfortable, all-round radiant warmth at lower air temperature. This is ideal for spot or localised heating.
Radiant heat takes only minutes to reach comfort temperatures, so energy is never wasted in prolonged warm-up times. If external doors are opened, allowing cold air to enter the building, radiant heating will recover comfort temperatures in just a few minutes.
Radiant Heating Benefits
- Reduced running costs. Savings of upto 65% of fuel costs can be achieved
- Even heat coverage at low level
- Does not directly heat the air – ideal in areas of high air infiltration
- Minimises roof heat losses -reduced stratification
- Systems can be controlled easily toprovide varying zoned temperaturesand operating times
- Rapid heat up and recovery times
- Easy to install, maintain and operate